Certification Program Application Process
- Fill the “Certification Program Application Form” (FO-01 form) and send it to the certification’s management committee before June 1st.
- The committee will examine the application form and send the Maple water providing services agreement data sheet.
- After reading the agreement, the applying producer fills the “Maple Syrup Production Plan” (FO-03 form) along with the “Cleaning and Sanitizing Plan” (FO-04 form) and sends them to the committee before August 1st.
- The committee will appoint an authorized independent professional to visit the sugar bush and validate the maple syrup production plan. The authorized professional will then write a report and send it to the committee.
- The committee will examine the report before deciding if the applicant can conduct Maple water collecting and on-site storing or if some adjustments need to be made.
- The committee will send the official commitment documentation or a list of the adjustments the applying producer should perform.
- The applicant must sign and return the official commitment documentation to the committee before November 1st.
Certification Program Conformity Assessment during Production
Conformity assessment to the Certification Program will take place during production as an external audit. This evaluation is mandatory for all applying producers.
- Before maple water harvest begins, applicants must make sure that they are aware of the certification’s general and specific requirements concerning the activities that fall under their responsibility.
- During maple water harvest, applicants must fill the internal audit grids (see private access section) to determine if they fit the Certification Program’s requirements or if they must perform some adjustments.
- As maple water harvest begins, the committee will orchestrate an external audit. A report will be written and sent to the committee.
- The committee will examine the report and decide if the audited products should be certified.
- The committee will send its recommendations along with the audit’s results to the applicant.
Certification Program Renewal Process
- Fill the “Certification Program Renewal Form” (FO-05 form) and send it to the committee before August 1st.
- The committee will examine the renewal request as well as the last external audit report.
- If needed, the committee will appoint an authorized independent professional to visit the sugar bush and write a report.
- The committee will then decide if the applicant can conduct Maple water collecting and on-site storing or if some adjustments need to be made. The committee will send all the relevant documentation along with his decision.